Deputies say Roger R. Reckart, 37, was found inside the burned remains of his camper trailer around 6 p.m. January 25th at Horseshoe Lane in Oakland, Md.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner revealed the cause of Reckart's death was the result of thermal burn injuries received during the blaze.
Reckart was the only person inside the trailer at the time of the fire.
25 firefighters from Oakland Fire Department responded to the blaze around 5:15 p.m. after a neighbor observed the trailer on fire. Investigators determined no working smoking alarms were present during the on-scene investigation.
A team with the Fire Marshall's office spent several hours sifting through debris and determined the fire started inside the trailer as a result of flammable materials within close proximity of a portable kerosene heater.
Detectives with the Garrett County Sheriff's Office assisted with the investigation. Damages caused by the fire were estimated to be $1,500.