Several local law enforcement officers responded, only to find out it was a waste of their time and energy. Police said they received the call just before six a.m. Monday. The caller even gave an address and telephone number for the home on Westernport Road. When investigators arrived, they found all of the occupants okay and accounted for. The family said they have no idea who could have made the call." Fire Official Say ACs are Number One Cause of House Fires During Summer,1153256612,1153256612,[img align=left]http://www.nbc25.com/main/uploads/sabraham_1153259276_ac-fires.gif[/img]NBC25 NEWS- Its this time of year when house fires are on the rise and local firefighters want to help you protect yourself and your property.,"An air conditioner is a common house hold appliance. Fire officials said its also the number one cause of house fires during the summer heat. "Theyll get one thats too small and it will overheat and cause a fire or often theyll get the right extension cord and theyll ball it up. It will generate heat. A good rule of thumb is make sure the cord is larger in diameter than the plug you are attempting to use," said Mike Weller, from the Hagerstown Fire Dept. More than 2,000 house fires in America are caused by air conditioners. With temperatures soaring to triple digits, it creates a major problem for firefighters. John Latimer was injured last year while battling a blaze. "It was a heavily involved building fire. It was 100 plus degrees and as a result of that the heat took a toll on me," said John Latimer, from Washington County Fire and Rescue. "When you have IVs stuck in your arm, when youre at the hospital for severe dehydration, it does affect you. It affects your thought and makes you stop and think about what you do for a living," said Latimer. Fire officials said the best line of defense is making sure youre smoke detectors are up to speed. "They are kinda the 1st line of defense against something that happens. Then we can catch a fire early on, thats a benefit to us because the quicker we can get the fire out," said Richard Gilbert, from the Hagerstown Fire Dept. You can pick up a smoke detector at any of the Hagerstown fire stations. Reported by Marie Coronel" Washington County Creates Task Force to Find Fuel Alternatives,1153256741,1153256741,"[img align=left]http://www.nbc25.com/main/uploads/sabraham_1153259109_county-gas.gif[/img]WASHINGTON COUNTY, MD- The high costs of fuel impacts more than you and the car you drive. Theyre also affecting county governments who have to fill up fire trucks and patrol cars every day.